DERC is a global network and welcomes international researchers and PhD students to visit the Australian office.
As we have a rolling list of visitors we ask that you make contact with an appropriate DERC person in your field of research to ensure that the office can accommodate your visit. *Please note all visits are self-funded.
Local areas we recommend are Melbourne CBD, Carlton, Fitzroy, Fitzroy North, North Melbourne, Brunswick
- Make contact with a DERC academic and discuss your research interests and potential visit
- If your visit is agreed arrange an official RMIT letter of support from your DERC contact
- The DERC Manager will then need to obtain some personal information so you can be allocated an RMIT email address (this will provide you with network login etc)
- Stage 1: Non Salaried Staff Registration of which you will be provided an e-number and login
- Stage 2: Security Access Request form
WHAT WE REQUIRE
To contribute to the DERC community we would like all visitors to give a presentation on their research during their stay.
Please provide the following:
- Presentation title
- Subtitle/ context
- Talk abstract (300 words)
- Biography (200 words)
- Social media/ contact information
- Head shot 2000 x 2000 pixels
- Image relating to presentation (3000 x 3000 pixels)
- Consent form to record presentation
If you agree, we will film and record you doing your presentation so that we can create a video/ podcast of your talk. This presentation will be made available on the RMIT and DERC websites and social media streams (YouTube, Soundcloud, iTunesU, Facebook, Twitter). RMIT privacy guidelines
Please email the above content to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your consent form.