Digital Ethnography for Digital Futures Insights
Partnering and collaborating
We are a collaborative, creative and interdisciplinary research centre based at RMIT University. Our research is ranked as world leading.
What is‘digital ethnography’?
Our research has two core strands:
Through our global connections, partnerships and research projects, we create new understandings and insights about the potential and impacts of digital technology now and in the future.
Our expertise unites the best in innovative digital and sensory research with top quality academics to produce deeper understandings and insights about real-world problems.
Where do we work?
We are an internationally focused research team with expertise and project experience in Australia, Asia, the Pacific region, the USA, Latin America and Europe. We collaborate with a network of international partners and undertake both single country and comparative research. We have bases in Melbourne and Barcelona.
What does Digital Ethnography look like?
- research and analyse digital technologies in the context of everyday environments and experiences
- follow people into their everyday worlds to inhabit and understand their near digital futures as they unfold
- develop in-depth ethnographic insights for design solutions
- develop innovative and tailored research approaches and methods, using the latest digital technologies as appropriate to each research question
- help research partners consider how they might engage with the challenges and opportunities of near and more distant digital futures
- identify future opportunities and challenges for people, industries and products in our digital present and future
Big and Small Data
Digital Design Ethnography
User Experience and Expectations
Health and Wellbeing